Sunday, October 5, 2014

Do You Own An Empty House In Another City?

     Lots of people own empty houses in another city.  I once sold a house for a man that had not seen the house for thirteen years.  He had inherited it sixteen years ago.  When I
 called him and asked him if he would be interested  in selling it, he acted like I was a creative genius.  What a fabulous idea!  Sell it! Turn it into money! We had the deal closed in two weeks. 

     Why would anyone want to own a empty house?  The taxes are due every year.  The house deteriorates.  Paint peels off.  Roofs wear out.  Grass grows.  Municipal governments don't like this stuff.  They call it code violations.

     Is anyone proud to own an empty house? I don't think so.   I envision some braggart at a cocktail party bragging,  " Yep . I own ten empty houses,  paying taxes and maintaining all of them."  I know I would want to ask that guy for a few financial tips.

Ron Climer has sold  many empty houses.  Call an empty house owner
     It is expensive to keep insurance on an empty house.  I have listed several empty houses that were not insured.  How do you spell liability?

     If you are a Realtor, looking for your next listing, why don't you call a couple of empty house owners. They are easy to list.  They are easy to sell.  
It is easy to talk an owner into holding a mortgage.  It makes too much sense.  Which would you rather own , a empty house that you are paying taxes and maintenance on or a mortgage that is paying you a few shekels per month.   If you don't know how to talk owners into holding mortgages, here is a video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRyWo--Wg0I

      Empty house owners are like fishing in a barrel.  I don't think it would be possible for a Realtor  to call ten empty house owners in another city and ask them to list and not hit at least one winner.  My success rate was about fifty fifty for years.  Fifty per cent of the fifty per cent that said no called me back later.  No body needs an empty house.  You guys that are trying to buy and flip houses, why would ever ride by an empty house and NOT contact the owners. 

If you own an empty house, don't wait for Mr. Realtor to call you, call a Realtor or Call me and I will put you in front of the best Realtor in your town.  Call me at 828 440 1064  Ron Climer

   Call an empty house owner today.       www.ronclimer.com

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Seth , Start by looking the address up on the county property appraiser's office website. Send a post card to the address there. Look up their name on websites that do that stuff. Check with the clerk of the court. See if they are being foreclosed on. Go talk to the neighbors. Ask them. Leave a note on the door that says," If you would rather own some money instead of this empty house, call me.

      Delete